The Teacher Training Course curriculum includes three main subjects: Nutrition and Natural Medicine, Yoga and Meditation, and the Chakra Life Lessons. We recommend completing a one month Intensive Course in Tashirat before committing to the Teacher Training Course. Part 1 of the training is a correspondence course, familiarizing the student with the Tashirat teachings and Cosmic Path. The second part of the course is the practical training, and requires residing at Tashirat for a minimum of one month. Students have the option of completing all study requirements in the correspondence part of the course before arrival (this is highly recommended) or completing both Parts 1 & 2 while staying at the Tashirat Ashram. The course duration will vary extensively, depending on the individual’s background knowledge and experience in the different areas.
Tashirat is a Cosmic Learning Center therefore the teaching style is somewhat different. We do not provide lectures for all the information that is available in books. We provide the student with study guides and the time for independent studies. Teachers are always available through written communication to answer questions. The real learning happens through everyday living experience of the life lessons and personal practice in the daily open Yoga classes and meditations. Students receive three – five training consultations / classes a week.
The course concludes with a written exam, covering all three subjects. In Nutrition and Yoga there will be a practical exam as well. Successfully completing the one month in the Tashirat Learning Center, interacting with students and staff, learning to express your thoughts and feelings openly, and preparing all your own meals, is an integral part of the Teacher Training. Understanding English is a prerequisite for the course, as it is an international language. Examinations will be given in English, however students may answer in their mother tongue. Certification is based on the successful completion of all practical and theoretical examinations.
An important part of the Course is the daily service work. On one’s spiritual path, it is the ego that stands between one and God. Selfless service is one of the easiest ways to break the ego. Regardless of how much knowledge one acquires, or how good one’s Yoga or Nutrition practice, if the Chakra 4 heart center is not opened, the Chakra 5 and 6 life experiences will also be blocked. Therefore an integral part of our program entails two to three hours of service in the most needed areas at the time of your stay: general maintenance, cleaning, cultivation, kitchen prep, computer, child care, music or art classes with the children who live on the ashram, or private tutoring with the Ixaya school children (Spanish required).
8:00 – 9:30
9:30 – 9:45
9:45 – 11
11 – 12
12 – 1
Lunch and rest
1 – 3
3 – 6
Independent studies or consultations (when needed)
6 – 7
Required course materials
The following books are available in our Book Store on this site.
Cosmic Reawakening by Artimia Arian
Yoga, the Path of Life by Artimia Arian
The Chakra Recipe Guide by Artimia Arian
To Life! By Artimia Arian
The Tashirat Recipe Manual by Tashirat staff
The Vegetarian Guide to Diet and Salad by Norman Walker
Become Younger by Norman Walker
Colon Therapy by Norman Walker
Raw Vegetable Juices by Norman Walker
The Hippocrates Diet by Ann Wigmore
The Blending Book by Ann Wigmore
The Wheatgrass Book by Ann Wigmore
The PH Miracle by Dr. Robert Young
Sick and Tired by Dr. Robert Young
Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing by James F. Balch and Phyllis A. Balch
Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology by Elaine N. Marieb
The Sivananda Companion to Yoga
The Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnu Devananda
Meditations and Mantras by Swami Vishnu Devananda
Course Units include reading assignments followed by various essay and applied questions. The recommended page length refers to single spaced typed pages. Please submit all answers to Tashirat through email as soon as they are complete.
At the end of the one month stay at the Tashirat Ashram, students will write an open book exam and will also be given a practical exam in food preparation and in teaching Yoga. All questions will be applied questions requiring the student to have read, and understood, extensive recommended reading.
A Basic Level Tashirat Certification will be awarded at the end of the one month stay at the Tashirat Ashram after having completed the full correspondence course and both the written and practical examinations.
Please read the guidelines well and be sure this is the experience you want and are ready for at this point in your life.
1. In order to receive the utmost from the course, students only leave the Tashirat premises during their day off. Please do all desired traveling or sightseeing before your arrival.
2. All students pay for their personal expenses including food, drinking water etc. and prepare their own food. Bring a bank card that is accessible in Mexico or Travelers Checks (and a passport). It is difficult to give an exact needed monetary amount as it is so personal. Depending on ones diet, food and water etc. can cost anywhere from $30 – 50 USD a week. The better ones diet, the more expensive it may be.
3. Sugar, meat and processed foods are prohibited on the Tashirat premises. We also require you to have transitioned to the diet you will be on during your stay here at least three months prior to your visit. Upon request we can help you to transition your diet via email. This precautionary measure will decrease the possibility of undergoing major detoxification during the course of your stay. Ideally we suggest working up to a Chakra 3 or above diet (refer to Cosmic Reawakening ).
4. We strictly prohibit radical dietary changes and fasting or juice fasting while staying in Tashirat. We believe in transition and moderation as the basis of health.
5. Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and / or being in a state of intoxication are severely prohibited while staying in Tashirat. Please give up any of the substances listed above at least three months prior to your stay.
6. Please book your flight so that you arrive no later than 3 PM in Mexico City, or plan to stay the night in Mexico City and go to Tashirat the next morning. Tashirat only receives guests before 7 PM (exceptions are made for delayed flights, if the person was unable to make reservations for accommodations in Mexico City).
7. Please arrive the day you have agreed to arrive, or advise us via email with advance notice (at least 1 day before).
8. Tashirat is a primarily English speaking experience; however, Tashirat staff members and children are all bilingual. Spanish lessons can be arranged with a private tutor for $15 USD an hour.
9. If you are planning on staying in a tent please bear in mind the rainy season from June – October.
PART 1 Correspondence Course (only) $500
PART 2 Tashirat Teacher Certification (month stay)
Shared Room $1,700
– Prices are per person and in US dollars.
– Reservations require a deposit of the full amount before arrival.
– Deposits are non-refundable, but can be used at a later date.
– Food and books are not included in the course price.
Please download the Student Registration form here and return it completed to Tashiratmail@gmail.com. Confirmation will be sent within 1 week of receiving the completed registration form and full payment for the course. You may pay by credit card here on our secure site.